Pages

Monday, 19 May 2014

Live in the Moment...

I have fallen in love with a sketch... and knowing me I will be using it over and over again ! Here is my card...


And here is the sketch from Sketch Saturday...

Recipe : The papers were free with a magazine - Image : Chamomile Sprite from Aurora Wings (I know, a chamomile flower is supposed to be white but I've coloured her in pink and she didn't mind...) - Flowers and Ribbon from Wild Orchid Crafts - Sentiment from Lisa's Altered Art.

As well as the challenge with Sketch Saturday my card will also enter the challenge "Anything Goes Girly" with Creative Fingers Challenges.

I got a bit excited over the weekend : I won the FB group challenge with Aurora Wings ! You had to make a card using the freebie Mitzy gave us, the delicious little Dandelion Sprite... I went for a CAS card - which is totally out of my comfort zone - I nearly didn't post my card as I wasn't too keen on it, but Mitzy liked it and I won ! I feel so honoured ! Here is my card, as you can see no flowers, no ribbon, I had to sit on my hands to resist the temptation !!!

Happy Crafting !

14 comments :

vic said...

Aww these are gorgeous Catherine wow :) love the pink colours and that adorable image :)
Hugs
Vic x

fabiola jaques said...

oh wow, trop joli!!! j'adore, biz

marion said...

CAS cards are hard to make and you made a lovely one, I am so glad you won, congrats !! Your other card is more your comfort zone and looks great as always, lots of hugs and love, Marion

Claire said...

Absolutely beautiful card Catherine, love the image, gorgeous colours and layout. Hugs, Claire x

Sandra H said...

This is truly a very beautiful card and congrats on your win x

catherine said...

These are both fabulous cards Catherine. I agree it was a fab sketch to work with
x catherine

Pam said...

Both cards are beautiful! I love the pretty pink gingham check and sweet image and I think the second is so pretty with the dandelions.
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

downrightcrafty said...

oh Catherine, now you know how I love your full of embellies creations but wow think you have a winner on your second card just gorgeous and love the colours
hugs Kate x

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, these are just gorgeous, I love the colours and fabulous details so pretty, huggles Pops x x x

Donna said...

These are both gorgeous cards Catherine and congrats on winning the Aurora FB challenge, very well deserved! The first card is so pretty in pink and I can quite see why you love this sketch, you have captured it perfectly!

Stunning CAS design on the 2nd card...love the broken bits of honeycombe and the kraft background is just perfect!

Beautiful work as always :) Donna ♥ x

Kerry said...

Stunning cards! And especially the CAS card, totally awesome! AMAZING!!! <3

Tindaloo said...

Both cards are gorgeous! Love AW designs ~ and your coloring is awesome! Congrats! :) Thanks for playing along this time at Creative Fingers! Hope to see you next time too! ♥ Tindaloo

Grenouille Greetings said...

I'm pleased you love our sketch! I love your card! And the second card too! Thank you for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday! Hugs, Lesley

wannabcre8tive said...

Both cards are just adorable. I love the layout and the pink checks on the first one and on the second one I like the honey comb.